Have you have noticed your dishwasher making loud noise during the wash cycle? Even if the dishwasher is cleaning your dishes properly unusual noise or noises during the wash cycle is something you should look into troubleshooting as soon as possible.
Dishwashers that make a loud noise or a grinding noise is common. Reasons for this noise include:
- Hard food particle fell into the bottom of the dishwasher. Lodging itself inside of the gears or pump of the dishwasher. To correct you would need to take the dishwasher apart to find and remove particle.
- Wash impeller blades have broken off or chafing the sides.
- Drain impeller may be broken or cracked.
- The motor and pump assembly may need to be replaced due to wear and tear.
- The drain pump may need to be replaced or cleaned